- Members are encouraged to contribute KES. 200 per month towards the FAWA Sacco welfare fund.
Payments to beneficiaries are as follows:
- Member – KES. 50,000
- Spouse (only one) – from KES. 40,000.
- Child (Maximum 4) – from KES. 30,000.
- Biological parent – KES. 20,000
- Each member to be considered independently in cases where member and spouse are members of the Sacco.
- ‘Child’ age determined from the date of birth notification to the age of 22 years old.
- Names and supporting documents of the beneficiaries should be forwarded to the office for record purpose and updated if/when necessary.
- Death certificate should follow within one month after death notification, failure to which the monthly contribution will be deducted from the member’s deposits or salary. NB: If a member is found to have defrauded the Sacco on any welfare claim, the amount paid will be deducted from the member’s deposits or any other payment due. The member will in addition be required to pay a penalty of Ksh. 10,000.
- 30% of amount contributed to welfare fund will be refunded to a member who has never claimed welfare benefit. Refund will be made at the time of withdrawal from the Sacco.